My Ecosystem Credentials
* ESHIP Champion (one of a dozen+ Champions to drive progress on the 7 ESHIP Goals (mine is Goal #5 aimed at making field much more evidence-based)
* Delegate, 2017, 2018, & 2019 Kauffman Foundation ESHIP conferences for ecosystem builders
* Keynote/facilitator, Growing Entrepreneurial Communities 2016 & 2018, national conference by Federal Reserve Bank of KC, US SourceLink
* Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation/ US Sourcelink Global Summit of Thought Leaders on Entrepreneurial Ecosystems, 2015
* Senior Subject Matter Expert and Consultant to OECD and EU on developing entrepreneurial ecosystems [http://www.oecd.org/cfe/leed/entrepreneurialecosystemsandgrowth-orientedentrepreneurshipworkshop-netherlands.htm ] and entrepreneurial training programs.
* Major project on ecosystem metrics with Compass model [#1 source of civic ecosystem metrics]
* Program manager for TEAMS/TRAILS (2000-2005), a joint venture of the Idaho National Laboratory and others to support technology commercialization; social entrepreneurship and enterprise development. TEAM/TRAILS earned 6 national best practice recognitions and 2 global awards.
* 2008-2015 External Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
SELECTED AWARDS and ACHIEVEMENTS
* 2-time Finalist/7-time nominee, “Innovator of the Year,” Idaho Innovation Awards
* Danish Foundation for Entrepreneurship – Youth Enterprise Advisory Board 2011-2012
* Keynote/Workshop on ecosystems, NYU Conference on Social & Sustainable Entrepreneurship Research, 2011
* Keynote Speaker, 1st Annual Economic Modeling Specialists Inc (EMSI) Data Conference, 2011
* Co-developer, Idaho Rural Partnership distance delivery entrepreneurship course, 2008.
* SBA/Kauffman 'Best of the Best' Practices Award for “Educational Efforts to Promote Entrepreneurship,” 2005. [for TEAMS/TRAILS]
* Kauffman Collegiate Entrepreneurship Network, grant recipient, 2003.
* Partner and Technology Fellow, N2TEC (national technology commercialization consortium), 2003
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS and RESEARCH
Getting Down to the Bottom-Up: Entrepreneurial Ecosystems as if Entrepreneurs Mattered, Academy of Management, Boston, 2019 [www.bit.ly/2019ecosysPDW]
Growing Startup Communities, Research Symposium, Academy of Management, 2014. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7of6ihOVaOLSmdMVnRFWjE2b1E/edit?usp=sharing
Krueger N.F. Markers of a Truly Entrepreneurial Ecosystem. Presentation to the ICSB/GWU Global Business Creation Research Conference, Washington DC, 2012.
Krueger N.F. What IS the "Entrepreneurial Ecosystem"? Crowdsourcing a Deeper Understanding. ICSB World Conference, Stockholm, 2011.
ARTICLES IN REFEREED JOURNALS
Liu, Y., Krueger N., Sussan F. (under review) A Tale of Two Cities: Institutional or Agency Approach to Building Entrepreneurial Ecosystems in Emerging Economies, under review, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal.
Cukier D., Kon F., Krueger N. (2015) Designing a Maturity Model for Software Startup Ecosystems. International Conference on Product-Focused Software Process Improvement. Revised version under review, Entrepreneurship & Regional Development.
Bjorklund, T., Krueger, N.F. (2016) How Entrepreneurial Ecosystems and Entrepreneur Mindsets Co-evolve. Journal of Enterprising Communities, 10(4).
Krueger N.F. (2012) Bridging Town and Gown, International Journal of Business and Globalisation, 9 (4), 347-358.
Brannback, M., Carsrud, A, Krueger, N. & Elfving, J. Challenging the Triple Helix model of regional innovation systems: a venture-centric model, International Journal of Technology Entrepreneurship, 1(3): 257-277, 2008.
Krueger, N.F. Environmental entrepreneurship: Editor's introduction, Journal of Organizational Change Management, 11(1): 5-10, 1998.
Krueger, N.F. Nurturing the self-renewing economy, Journal of Private Enterprise, 1998.
BOOKS, MONOGRAPHS and CHAPTERS
Krueger, N.F. "Startup Communities," Report to OECD, 2013.
Krueger N.F. Candidates Guide to Growing Entrepreneurs, 2012.
Krueger, N.F. (ed.) Environmental Entrepreneurship. Bozeman: Gallatin Group, 1999.
Krueger, N.F. Prescription for Opportunity, Small Business Foundation of America, 1995.